Altamont Beer Works was established in 2012 and opened its doors in 2013; becoming the first brewery in Livermore since before prohibition. Our main focus has always been to brew quality crafted beers, while giving our customers a great experience. Here at Altamont we pride ourselves on our hop forward beers, focusing on huge flavors and aromas, with a mild/balanced bitterness. Our full portfolio of beers has increased to a well rounded lineup of ales and lagers ranging from: wheat beers, sessions, pale ales, IPAs, Belgians, lagers, sours, and barrel aged beers. We have paved the way for Livermore craft beer, and continue to grow both inside and outside our community
We have an immediate opening for full-time and part time, hourly position as a beer-tender at Altamont Beer Works in our Livermore Taproom. This employee must be a hard working, responsible, and positive individual with a desire to continue to learn and grow within the company and the craft beer industry as a whole.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A person that is willing to go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Someone who can pay attention to details while running a busy taproom and ensuring the best experience for both customers and staff
- Someone who multi tasks and notices all that needs to be done—all while pouring a beer with a smile on their face
- Someone with an appreciation for great Craft beer
- Properly register sales, open and close the tap room, and determine tip outs
- Continually improving customer service and the customer experience within the tap room
- Continuous maintenance of the tap room and its fixtures
- Must be 21 years of age
- Prior work experience in a brewery, winery, bar/restaurant, hospitality industry, and/or service experience is a plus
- Knowledge in the brewing process, beer styles, and beer serving
- Possess strong knowledge and enforcement of ABC laws
- Strong personal and professional organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to tap and move kegs weighing up to 150 lbs
- Attention to detail with a focus on quality and cleanliness
- Ability to work with many different personalities
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment and able to handle working under pressure
- Able to work in a crowded work space and be on feet for eight hours
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
If you think you have what it takes to join this exciting and growing company, please apply. If you do not have the experience required for the position but think you are awesome enough to make the cut feel free to give it a shot!
Altamont Beer Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Full medical and dental benefits are offered to all full-time employees. Compensation will be based on skills and experience.
Submit resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org